Telling me you love my work, love my energy, and we would really work well together but not hiring me because my gear doesn’t meet with your idea of “professional” or “suitably upscale enough” is like telling daVinci his paintings are fine but they’d be better if he used a different brush.
- I’m professional, knowledgeable, fun, and capable
- My camera can take the same photo theirs takes at the same resolution
- My editing software can do the same things their editing software does and produces equal results
- My computer, while NOT a Mac, can do all the things theirs does
- To have a much more open mind during the interview process while jumping through an endless number of crazy hoops
In other words, the job I had hoped and prayed I’d get was not to be within my reach. And yes, those really are the reasons the gave for not hiring me even after we spent 3+ hours shooting, sharing, editing, and laughing.