I started this post on the 12th. I had a random list of things that struck me as bloggable, but perhaps not individually. So I was going to throw them all in under the guise of one “real post” (let us all laugh at that one) when lo and behold! Deb’s PROMPTuesday this week is to make a list! I love her. But I want my brain back. Or at least I want her to knock on the window before she peeks in.
1) Apparently I do respond to the name “Bitch”. Buster and his friends were downstairs on Monday jamming away. They finished a song and were talkin’ smack amongst themselves and then I heard “bitch”…so I walked over to the landing and said, “you called?” They laughed. I laughed.
2) I am funnier than people think. So after responding to “bitch”, I was asked to make drinks. “What kind?” “Whatever.” “Fine, the boys in the band ordered boat drinks.” I laughed at my own cleverness. It’s Jimmy Buffett. It’s funny. Okay, maybe only to me.
3) I need a creeper (the under car sort) to scoot around a stage at this point because my knee isn’t working at all. Evidence of my inability to move is contained in this set. I should have been all around that stage!
4) I should have had my head examined for not buying a car 5 months ago. I can’t find anything decent and my budget is now practically non-existent.
5) I take way too many photos. 631 at a friend’s show. There were, at most, 12 people there by the time I left. There had only been three when I got there. The lighting was too good to pass up, though.
6) I lack the ability (okay, I lack the desire) to group anything on this list in a way that flows.
7) Little Dude will be here in a few hours!
I have duplicate songs on a playlist. I see them. I don’t delete one. Why? WHY?
9) Still being sued for eviction on the apartment I left back in November and now the landlord and company that owns the building are playing games. I know the former roommate is out because I saw mention of it on Facebook (the single most evil and beneficial tool on the internet). I’d like to scream.
10) On the 20th, my attorney meets with the insurance company in court so the judge can tell them to do what they were ordered to do in March and maybe I’ll once again be on medications so I won’t feel like crap all the time. Tylenol ain’t workin’.
11) I’m super excited because any minute now the new Crowded House CD, Intriguer, will appear in my mailbox. Oh, and there’s a reissue of Concrete Blonde music out, too!
And I’m done.